ER Editor: This press conference has been called because the digital health pass is now being applied to Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) and their staff, which will prevent sections of the Parliament from functioning because they won’t be able to do their jobs.
This press conference, in English, with 4 (named) Members of the European Parliament (5 appear on the panel) represents a larger group of MEPs from all shades of the political spectrum.
Here are our notes on this 19-minute video.
- MEP Cristian TERHES (Roumania): Introduction – staff and MEPs won’t be able to enter the premises of the European Parliament if they don’t have the Green Pass. Their fundamental rights are under threat.
- MEP Christine Anderson (Germany): basic civic rights are being curtailed. It’s not clear why citizens are going along with it. These rights seem to have to be fought for. They’re not privileges given by governments, which can then be withdrawn. Govts are exploiting this crisis to curb rights and grant privileges. We stand for freedom, democracy and the rule of law. There is no reason to curtail these rights.
- MEP Francesca Donato (Italy): In Europe, human rights aren’t being respected. The European Charter of Human Rights has the status of a treaty. It should be taken into account but isn’t in individual countries. Basic rights to freedom of movement, employment, health, equality, free association, education, free expression of thought are being seriously violated. And all over Europe, peaceful protests are being violently repressed. The Green Pass is being used as a tool of discrimination between the vaccinated and non-vaccinated. We are forcing citizens to accept a risky, invasive treatment; the number of adverse events reported is unreliable, and citizens who are harmed get no free help. A medical issue has turned into a democratic issue. Today we must all stand for the defence of human rights in Europe. Let’s give back the right to people to live a full life. Let’s treat everybody as an equal human being as our charter of human rights obliges us to do.
- MEP Ivan Sincic (Croatia): We can now see that people carrying their digital pass can be infectious to others. It is a licence to infect and gives a false sense of security. It is illogical, not scientific and must be abandoned. People must have the freedom to go to their workplace. Health measures must be proportionate, the vaccine must not be compulsory. Staff at risk should be able to work from home and there should be free and informed consent in line with the Oviedo Convention, Nuremberg Code, and the Council of Europe’s Resolutions. We support the staff of the Parliament to stand up for their rights.
- MEP Cristian Terhes: EU member states need to comply with the European charter when implementing regulations. The EU charter requires compliance with various individual rights (he lists them). The Green Pass is actually going against all these rights. He’s been bombarded with complaints from EU citizens about this. Even from people with natural immunity and can prove it. Yet nobody cares. Is this the type of European Union we want to build, where people are forced to take medical products they don’t want? People are no longer fighting for higher salaries or pensions but for simple basic human rights, to be free, to decide what they want to do with the bodies! It’s already affected out citizens, and now it’s affecting the system of Parliamentary democracy, because if we’re not allowed to enter this house unless we have a green certificate, we won’t be able to do our jobs, as well as our assistants and staff members who have families and mortgages. They can lose their jobs but they haven’t done anything wrong. Just like the rest of the citizens of the European Union. The stress is making staff feel threatened and afraid. The certificate doesn’t guarantee anything because with the vaccination you can still get sick and spread the virus. A negative test only shows you are negative at that moment, not later on. They removed the guarantee of natural immunity from the regulations. The whole idea of a green certificate started with ‘facilitating’ freedom of movement; now it’s a tool to condition your right to work, your right to eat, travel and have a personal life, etc.
Members of the European Parliament held a press conference today, October 22, 2021, to express their opposition to vaccination warrants and their concern about the loss of civil rights and freedom.
Published to The Liberty Beacon from EuropeReloaded.com
The Liberty Beacon Project is now expanding at a near exponential rate, and for this we are grateful and excited! But we must also be practical. For 7 years we have not asked for any donations, and have built this project with our own funds as we grew. We are now experiencing ever increasing growing pains due to the large number of websites and projects we represent. So we have just installed donation buttons on our websites and ask that you consider this when you visit them. Nothing is too small. We thank you for all your support and your considerations … (TLB)
Comment Policy: As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. This also applies to trolling, the use of more than one alias, or just intentional mischief. Enforcement of this policy is at the discretion of this websites administrators. Repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without prior warning.
Disclaimer: TLB websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.